2014 Energize NM Teacher Professional Development Institute
Join Explora, The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History, New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science, and New Mexico EPSCoR for a week-long teacher institute focused on New Mexico-relevant energy projects that address Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards as well as current NM Science Standards. Institute instructors will emphasize integration of literacy, math and science and will provide continued support of program outcomes throughout the school year.
The Energize New Mexico Teacher Institute will be held in Albuquerque at Explora, NMNHS and NMMNHS.
June 9th-13th, 2014; 9:00 am-4:00 pm daily
Upper elementary (3rd-5th grade) teachers are eligible to attend. Priority will be given to teachers applying as a team of two or more teachers from the same school, with a principal (or other administrator) commitment to attend Friday, June 13th from 9:00am-4:00 pm.
Teachers will receive a stipend of $625 for the week, plus an additional stipend for their participation in follow-up workshops and the annual NMSTA conference (Nov. 15 in Albuquerque).
Deadline is 5 pm, April 21, 2014.
Fill out an online application and attach supporting documents (personal statement and principal’s letter of support).
Personal Statement – Your personal statement should be a maximum of one page and should answer the following questions:
- What are your personal goals and objectives for participating in this Teacher Institute?
- What knowledge and skills would you like to enhance and/or acquire?
- How do you anticipate that this workshop will affect your teaching?
- After completion of the workshop, how do you intend to share what you learned with others?
Principal’s Letter of Support – As part of this workshop, your principal or other school administrator will be required to attend on Friday, June 13th from 9:00 am-4:00 pm. Please attach a letter from your administrator stating:
- His/her support of your partcipation in this week-long institute.
- His/her support of your implementation and sharing of knowledge and skills learned in the institute.
- His/her commitment to attend the institute from 9:00 am-4:00 pm on Friday, June 13th.
If You Have Questions
Contact Selena Connealy, email@example.com; 505-217-5605